Rusty DeWees was last seen at the Vergennes Opera House in January 2020 in one of the last live shows before the pandemic. In case you missed it, comedian, musician, actor and all-around entertainer, Rusty DeWees returns to the Vergennes Opera House with a year's worth of new material for a terrific night of humor, storytelling and great music.
Rusty filmed his first video in the then "rough around the edges" Vergennes Opera House in 1997. Since then his popularity has grown and the Opera House got spiffed up quite a bit.
"The Vergennes Opera House was perfection for filmed comedy," said Rusty. "That's why I picked it from hundreds of options for my first video 22 years ago. Also, Vergennes was the perfect essence of my show, and it still is. I can't wait to come back!"
Actor/Comedian Rusty DeWees is known for his THE LOGGER persona— full-on comedian, burgeoning musician, —Rusty's one-man comedy shows are best described as Blue Collar Comedy meets Prairie Home Companion. “Easy to love the core Vermont areas: I’ve played them deferentially, and with great affection dozens of times - area audiences feel like old friends at this point …"
Doors and cash bar hosted by Bar Antidote/Hired Hand open at 6:30, show starts at 7:30. "Return to the Events Page"
With your health in mind, we are putting in place the following guidelines/protocols for our upcoming season...
- Limit our audience to 150 people which is 50% of capacity (buy your tickets early!).
- We will set up more seats than necessary...so guests will have the opportunity to socially distance comfortably.
- All visitors must be fully vaccinated and be prepared to show proof of vaccination upon entry (vaccine card or photo of the card on your phone).
- Everyone in the audience must wear masks except when sipping beverages or eating snacks (between sips & bites).
- There will be five hand sanitizing towers placed throughout the facility.
- Our online ticket program collects the info we need for contact tracing.