About This Registration
This survey course explores the basics of Synergistic Teams.
Synergy is an interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects. Strong’s defines synergy as companions in labor, fellow laborers, helpers with God.
Jesus assembled the most synergistic team in history. He gathered positional specialist to complete His earthly work. (Acts 1:8-9). Ideally, members of synergistic teams must learn to love one another, help each other grow and then move forward to change the world.
By choosing a tax collector Jesus demonstrated two important team building principles. First, we must recruit specific people for their specific talents and skill sets. Second, we need those who others may consider odd choices. As a tax collector Levi was ostracized by Jewish society. Often one who has felt the sting of rejection doesn’t buckle during opposition.
Jesus also recruited Simon, the Zealot; one whose demeanor was quite different from the rest of the team. He was known to have a fierce patriotism. Simon Peter was described as impulsive and bold. John and James the Greater were thought to have been ambitious and judgmental. Philip displayed a questioning attitude while Bartholomew was known for honesty and straightforwardness. It is written that Judas Iscariot was treacherous and greedy.
When selecting His team Jesus modeled for us how to gather a team where everyone has something to offer. His team was diverse, diligent, reliable and willing to go the distance to complete Jesus earthly work. Building a team based on Jesus’ example translates into the ultimate synergy.
Pastor George Belobaba describes synergy as working together with God and provides the following Scripture references:
Grace and peace work together (Ephesians 1:2)
Brethren working together (1Thessalonians 1:1, 1 Corinthians 1:2)
Faith and love work together (Galatians 5:6)
Grace and truth work together (John 1:17)
Signs and wonders work together (Acts 14:3)
- Participants can register the course at any time throughout the year.
- Pay $400.00 registration fee for the course from this page.
- A Multitude Experience Administrator is in communication with participants throughout the course for questions and support. Skype, email and telephone contact information provided after registration.
- The recommended time limit for completing the course is 4 – 6 weeks.
- Participant will describe how they will assemble a synergistic team for their ministry.
- Complete written assignment. Rubric provided.
- Participate in Skype Discussions.
- Watch Video. Notate on Affirmation Form.
- Written work.
- Discussions via Skype.
CEUs to be awarded