University Chapter Founder/President
Duties and Responsibilities
- Calls meetings to order
- Decides when and where meetings will be held
- Leads the meetings, and sets meeting agendas that are aligned with 4 the World’s mission and purpose
- Calls executive meetings to order when needed
- In charge of appointing committee chairs for items such as fundraising event chair, t-shirt committee chair, etc.
Club President’s Checklist
- Keep officers on task and provide assistance for committees to run smoothly.
- Make sure that each officer is aiding the committee to which he/she is assigned.
- Keep a file of all correspondence.
- Respond to any emails regarding the club.
- Approve new member requests as you receive them on Get Involved.
- Generate a list of what needs to be done throughout the week.
- Lead the entire membership in a well-rounded program of activities and projects.
- Conduct and preside over a regular 4 the World meeting.
- Create and abide by an agenda for your monthly meeting.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation for your meeting if needed.
- Arrange and conduct a executive board meeting.
- Work with the committee chairs on their proposed projects for the coming month.
- Communicate with the student council and school administration.
- Make a list of the coming month’s activities and post it so members are aware of the schedule.
- Organize or participate in inter-club activities.
- Work toward a net increase in membership over the previous year.
- Receive help and information from the past president.
- Review all 4 the World documents and the constitution.
- Establish good relations with the main 4 the World organization in Garner and any other partners.
- Review your membership roster and form committees.
- Conduct elections for any new executives that are needed.
- Plan service over the summer so that projects can be started shortly after school begins, if not sooner.
- Verify each member paid his/her dues.
- Plan an end-of-year celebration and reward volunteers for all of their hard work!