* To temporarily house and care for any dog belonging to To the Rescue, Inc. Caretaker understands that To the Rescue, Inc. is the sole and rightful owner of said foster dog.
• I understand a To the Rescue, Inc. representative may visit my home for a home inspection before my foster application is approved and at any time during fostering.
• I understand that it is my responsibility to report any unusual medical or behavioral issues that may be of concern as soon as possible.
• I understand that it is my responsibility to provide regular updates and photos of my foster(s) whether or not I am contacted by authorized personnel of To the Rescue, Inc. to make sure the organization is kept informed.
* If for any reason caretaker is unable to continue to house and care for said dog, that he/she will notify To the Rescue, Inc. in a timely manner and will return said dog to To the Rescue, Inc. Caretaker understands that said dog might then be placed in a new foster home, in a boarding facility, or be euthanized if no other solution is found. * To the Rescue, Inc. is not responsible for any damage caused by said foster dog to the caretaker’s property or possessions.
* To the Rescue, Inc. will pay all expenses or reimburse caretaker “only” if said expenses and vet clinic have been approved by To the Rescue, Inc. (unless caretaker prefers to be financially responsible for said dog). Caretaker keeps all receipts for reimbursement.
* To the Rescue, Inc. does not warrant the temperament or behavior of said foster dog, and To the Rescue, Inc. is not to be held liable for any acts of said foster dog while in the custody
* All animals belonging to the caretaker personally must also be provided with all necessary medical care including vaccinations and heartworm prevention.
* All animals belonging to the caretaker personally which are not the property of To the Rescue, Inc. shall be spayed or neutered. Exceptions could be made for senior pets.
* In the event a foster dog becomes lost or is stolen, the caretaker shall immediately notify To the Rescue, Inc.
* Foster dogs are to be supervised at all times, whether indoors or outdoors. Foster dogs must be supervised at all times when children and other animals are present.
* Foster dogs are never to be left outdoors while the caretaker is away from home unless kept in a secured kennel approved by To the Rescue, Inc. and only in good weather.
* Caretaker shall make said foster dog available to any prospective adopter at a mutually convenient time and location.
*Caretaker must give the rescue a minimum of a 2-week notice if they can't foster any longer to make arrangements for another foster home. If there is a date you must cease fostering this must be made known at the start of fostering.
* Caretaker may permanently adopt said foster dog if such placement is approved by To the Rescue, Inc. and provided that no pending applications are in process for the same dog.
* Any items borrowed from To the Rescue, Inc. such as crates, etc. must be returned to To the Rescue, Inc. when Caretaker ceases fostering.
• I have read this Application in its entirety, and I agree that all statements contained in this document are made by me, and are truthful. I make this statement under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Virginia, Maryland, or D.C. depending on the residing state.