DUTIES: The service for the Company will be that of Director of Development– Grant writer whose job and/or responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as Spirits Landing Inc. continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
- Attend on-site meetings (2 hours approx), 2 times per month
- Secure financial support from foundations and grants
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with foundations
- Identifying and applying for applicable grants and funding in alignment with company mission
- Developing an organized top-notch tracking system and reports for grants and timelines
- Produce marketing and solicitation materials and train volunteers for campaigns
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills as well as self starter and highly motivated
- 1-year experience in Development (preferred)
- Must be detail oriented and meticulous
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not definitive
- Must possess a positive, fearless attitude – do not take “no” for an answer
- Must be motivated and saturated with Spirits Landing’s purpose, mission, and culture as it relates to funding needs.
- Must be great at writing and grammar