As a volunteer with Vintage Paws Sanctuary (VPS) I agree to the following:
1. To represent VPS in a professional manner while volunteering.
2. To respect VPS right to terminate me as a volunteer, should it be determined that I am in conflict with the goals of VPS. VPS has the right to also terminate volunteers if it is determined a volunteer may be a threat to any animal’s health and well-being.
3. Jokes or comments based on an individual's sex, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic will not be tolerated.
4. To use equipment and facilities belonging to, or being used by VPS, in a manner not to damage or destroy them. Volunteers are responsible for replacing and/or repairing any property they intentionally damage and/or destroy.
5. To return to VPS any property belonging to the organization upon request. Any property not returned will be billed to me for the full value. A person cannot volunteer again until all equipment is returned in good condition.
6. To not represent VPS to the media without the prior approval of VPS.
7. To not abuse or neglect any animals in the care of VPS or otherwise.
8. To not cause bodily harm to any other volunteers and/or staff members.
9. To not bring weapons of any kind to the VPS property or to an off-site event for any reason.
10. Alcohol and illegal drugs are not permitted to be possessed, used, distributed, or sold at any time when you are volunteering at VPS or at an off-site event. If a volunteer violates either, enters the facility or represents VPS at an off-site event, while under the influence of previously ingested substances, they will be immediately dismissed as a volunteer.
11. Smoking is not permitted while handling animals at VPS or while representing VPS at an off-site event. This is for the protection of the animals and other VPS volunteers and staff.
12. Cell phones are not permitted to be used while volunteering at VPS or at an off-site event (except for photographing VPS dogs).
13. Volunteers must wear appropriate footwear such as closed-toe shoes when handling animals. Flip-flops or sandals are not permitted.
14. Photo Release: VPS has my permission to use any photographs, videos, or other images taken at VPS or at a VPS event for use in public relations efforts, including social media, with the full understanding that no compensation or other payment of any kind will be paid to the participant.
Release of Liability:
I agree to perform such work and tasks at VPS as may be required of me. I agree to abide by all of the policies and procedures applicable to volunteers and to work at the direction of the lead volunteer and/or staff in charge on site. I understand and agree that working at VPS as a volunteer is a privilege that may be withdrawn at any time by VPS with or without cause, in the sole discretion of the management of this organization. I have been informed that volunteers are not covered by the sanctuary insurance and acknowledge that I will be working as a volunteer at the shelter at my own risk.
Volunteers with VPS are not entitled to compensation for any service rendered. Some of the volunteer work may be at times with animals that are unpredictable. As a volunteer, you should be aware that when working with animals, and/or any outdoor or work situation, can be hazardous. On occasion, volunteer work may expose you to potentially hazardous situations, including exposure to diseases that can be transmitted from animals to humans (i.e. ringworm, giardia, rabies, etc.) and physical harm caused by the animals.
On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Vintage Paws Sanctuary, its agents, servants, and employees from any and all claims, causes of action, or demands, of any nature or cause, including costs of attorney’s fees incurred or sustained by me in any way connected with my services for Vintage Paws Sanctuary, including but not limited to animal bites, accidents, or injuries.