1.975 Run for Relief
Advancing the Community, Running For Relief
The Lambda Theta Alpha Foundation (LTA Foundation) is excited to announce that our 2nd annual 1.975 Run is virtual with the new option to create teams or join our 1.975 Run Wellness Program!
The health and safety of our supporters are of utmost importance, especially amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, our 1.975 Run, originally scheduled to occur live in Atlantic City, New Jersey, will now occur virtually on July 5th, 2020.
We remain dedicated to our mission of providing scholarship, educational programming, and humanitarian relief - and will not rest. Given the recent events, we have decided to allocate the proceeds from this year's run to support 5 Black-led organizations leading the #BLACKLIVESMATTER initiatives. They are as follows:
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Center for Policing Equity
- Black Visions Collective
- Gathering for Justice
- Movement for Black Lives
Event Schedule: July 5th 2020
(7AM PT - 8AM MT - 9AM CT - 10AM ET)
- 10:00 AM ET - Group Warm Up (MC & Fitness Instructor) via Instagram LIVE
- 10:30 AM ET - 1.975 Mile Run / Walk
- 11:45 AM ET - Post Run / Walk Stretch & Celebration via Instagram LIVE
Registration & Tier Details:
Individuals have the opportunity to run solo, create, or join Virtual Teams. Each Virtual Individual or Team has the opportunity to create their own fundraising page to raise additional funds, which will be distributed equally to all the organizations noted above or can join the organization's team to directly donate to the organization. Please note that funds given to the organizations will be the proceeds of your registration.
There are three tiers (Silver, Gold, and Platinum) each with its own level of 1.975 Run "swag". New this year, the Platinum participants will receive exclusive access to the 1.975 Run Wellness Program.
Are you ready for the 1.975 Run?
Below are the Registration Tiers:
- Silver ($25.00) participants will receive a digital bib that can be printed at home prior to the run.
- Gold ($75.00) participants will receive a bib and a finisher’s medal via mail prior to the virtual run date.
- Platinum ($125.00) participants will receive all Gold level items plus a shirt and exclusive access to the LTA Foundation 1.975 Run Wellness Program.
LAST DAY TO REGISTER WILL BE THURSDAY JUNE 18th, 2020
Become A Virtual Team Captain!
As a virtual team captain, you are responsible for the following:
- Recruiting and directing your team members to join your created Team Fundraising Page.
- Keeping the team engaged and ready to virtually advance the community!
Connect With Us!
Don’t forget to tag the LTA Foundation as you prepare for and participate in the 1.975 Run!
Post on any of your social media accounts and tag us @LTAFoundation | #LTAFoundation #1975Run
Have general questions about the Run? Click below for more information