Our goal is to emphasize the importance of self-expression and exploration of feelings and aid in the reduction of fear and anxiety. We aim to teach the students to appreciate the value of focusing their awareness on the present while supporting their thoughts and feelings. We want the students to carry on the habits we build through the program.
What is Navigating Trauma?
- An effort to improve the health and wellness of students
- An understanding of the multiple variables that are negatively impacting the children now (COVID-19, isolation) and at any point in time (family problems, social issues).
- An implementation of an efficient process to identify and assist students who may be in need of additional assistance to thrive and be successful.
- An increase in the number of ways we can provide support to students
- An effort to reinforce positive behavior patterns and create open lines for healthy communication
What to expect from Navigating Trauma?
- Enhanced social and emotional learning skills
- Restorative practices that can improve mental well-being
- The gaining of skills that helps one to understand and manage emotions
- Enhanced access to support
- Access to mentoring services
- Empowerment through meditation and team building activities
- Field trips, luncheons, and sporting activities
- Access to grooming services