Join us Friday, September 24th for the Diversified Farm Tour. Please consider attending for the whole day or as your schedule allows for an outdoor gathering focused on agricultural education and connection with area farms & farmers.
** Due to health requirements, masks will be required in all indoor settings where social distancing cannot be maintained. Also with the close proximity of carpooling and buses/vans, tour transportation is not being offered this year.**
All tour reservations must be submitted by 5 pm on Thursday, 9/23. If you are unable to begin the day with us, please know you can arrive as you need within the following schedule.
2 Tour Options:
$10 RESERVATION for the Farm Tour.
$25 RESERVATION for the Farm Tour & Lunch from Artisan Mark in Crete, Nebraska.
Click here to navigate the route on Google Maps for Driving Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/n4TUfAa2HycH4AJJ7
If you plan to attend the full tour, please plan to join us at 8:15 am on Friday, 9/24.
- 8:15 am Meet-Up at Root & Hive
- 8:30-9:30 for a tour of Lotus Gardens and Midwest Natives (4200 S 1st St, Lincoln, NE 68502)
- 9:30-10 Drive to DS Family Farm
- 10-11 Tour of DS Family Farm (13550 US-34, Malcolm, NE 68402)
- 11-11:30 Drive to Crete Tuxedo Park
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch at Crete's Tuxedo Park from Artisan Mark Coffee + Goods with locally raised ingredients.
(West 13th St. & Tuxedo Rd. Crete, NE 68333)
- 12:30-12:45 Drive to Jurena's Homegrown
- 12:45-1:45 Tour Jurena's Homegrown (1550 W 14th St. Crete, NE 68333)
- 1:45-2:30 Drive to Picnic Hill Orchard
- 2:30-3:30 Picnic Hill Orchard (10500 Yankee Hill Rd Lincoln, NE 68526)
- 3:45 Leave Picnic Hill OrchardWARNING (Via Visit Nebraska)- Under Nebraska
law, an owner of property, including lands and waters, is not liable for the
injury to or death of the participant in agritourism activities or damage to
the participant's property resulting from the inherent risks of such
activities. Inherent risks include, without limitation, the risk of animals and
land and water conditions, the ordinary dangers of structures or equipment
ordinarily used in farming or ranching operations, and the potential for you or
another participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to your
own injury or death. You are assuming the risk of participating in the
agritourism activities for which you are entering the owner's premises.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions. For day-of help call the NSAS office number at (402) 235-6743.
Thanks to the following planning partners at Nebraska Extension and Buy Fresh Buy Local Nebraska.