Cost: $50/ per person
Details: Proceeds will benefit Thaakat's DREAMS school program. There is a land surrounded by mountains in a village known as Jam Chakro village which is about 20 kilometers away from the main city of Karachi. More than 300 families are living on this land and more than 10,000 people in surrounding villages.
Here, garbage from the city is dumped by trucks around the clock. All of the inhabitants of this village are engaged in collecting recyclable items like iron, copper, bones, plastics etc from the garbage and they earn their livelihood out of their collections.
Donations will provide an education to our 1,000+ students who live in the villages in and around this landfill.
The below are facilities you support with the Thaakat Foundation
• Campus 3 (main campus): Nursery - 10th grade, 601 students (497 Male/ 104 Female), 32 Staff
• Campus 2: Nursery - 5th grade, 280 students (185 Male/ 95 Female), 14 Staff
• Intermediary College: Grades 9th & 10th, 105 students (33 Male/ 72 Female), 13 Staff
• Girls’ Campus: Nursery - Grades 1st-7th, 195 Female students, 12 Staff
• Orphan Feeding Program: All grade levels, 79 students (33 Male/ 46 Female), 1 Staff
• Medical Center: 3 ENT specialists, 1 receptionist/manager
• Women’s Technical Center: Nursery - 25 students, 1 instructor
Watch a video of our largest school, Campus 3 here: https://youtu.be/QNu4HTSouuU