I'm so excited that you're interested in supporting my 5th Annual Skate-A-Thon event. The plan this year is to raise lots of money, and hope, for a few local youth programs, including Aaron's Presents, an organization that inspires and mentors other local kids like me to do "thoughtful things differently." I know that more kids like me can make our community a better place to grow up and live.
Here are the causes I've donated to over the past 4 years:
- In 2013, I made a $300 anonymous donation to the survivors of the Sandy Hook School shootings in Newtown, CT.
- In 2014, I donated $400 to the fallen fire-fighter fund (the Lieutenant Ed Walsh and Michael Kennedy Memorial Fund) after the “Back Bay Blaze” took the lives of two of Boston’s best.
- In 2015, I headed to Worcester, MA to donate $1,300 in support of Dress For Success – a charity that helps women facing ‘trying’ times get back on their feet in a big way in the working world.
- In 2016, I stayed a bit more local and donated $2,500 in support of Catie's Closet – a charity that has given clothes, toiletries, and other life essentials to help over 25,000 students feel more confident and prepared for school throughout New England.
- In 2017, aside from helping Aaron's Presents, I will be publishing my first book, 13 Ways To Put Service Before Self: A Baker's Dozen Ways For "Winning" With Others In Life. My book will highlight how putting “Service Before Self” doesn’t cost a thing.
I look forward to seeing you "spread the love" at the Tsongas Arena for OUR biggest Skate-A-Thon yet!
5th Grader From Billerica, MA
P.S. Thank you for your support and I hope you'll come out and help me reach my goal of $10,000 at this year's event :)