Let's Talk: Is Polio Coming Back?: And More
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Presentation followed by Q & A
Paul Offit, MD, FAAP
Director, Vaccine Education Center
Division of Infectious Diseases
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
By the conclusion of this Webinar, program participants will be able to understand:
- Whether polio is coming back into the United States
- What can be done to stop the spread of circulating vaccine-derived polio (cVDPV) in the United States
- Whether the inactivated polio vaccine currently used in the U.S. is adequate to stop the spread of cVDPV
- The latest updates on COVID vaccine formulations
- What the measles outbreak in Columbus, Ohio, means for future outbreaks
- In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of Pittsburgh and the PA Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics. The University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals attending this program will receive a Certificate of Attendance confirming 1.0 hours of continuing education in a CME accredited program. For nurses, these hours may be considered eligible for completing the 30 hours of continuing education required for biannual nursing re-licensure in Pennsylvania.