Use this form to apply for Mifgash Choref / Winter. This unique opportunity aims to interweave our American and Israeli teens together through friendship, deepen your teen's (and family's) shared sense of K'lal Israel (Jewish peoplehood), and enhance our understanding of what it means to be Jewish and grow up in each country.
Winter in Israel (we go to the Israelis!) - December 27, 2023 - January 8, 2024
Join in with your close Midrasha friends for a chance to get to know Israel from the inside, being hosted by our friends from Mosenson in Hod Hasharon. In past years we've spent time in Haifa, Tel Aviv, and Jerusalem - visiting historical sites, shopping the shuk, seeing museums and so much more. The formal application process will open soon. (Note: Your early registration does not guarantee this teen's spot on the trip. Teens still need to formally apply and then will be accepted by Oct 15th.)
Note: More information can also be found online at https://www.ccmidrasha.com/mifgash
Coupon Codes: Use one of these options:
- Want to pay by check? Use code “check” instead of paying by credit card today. Mail the check to Contra Costa Midrasha 25 Hillcroft Way, Walnut Creek, CA 94597.
- Did you already make a deposit? Use code, "2023deposit" for the credit.
- Need to arrange a scholarship, financial aid, or a payment plan? Use code "community" and we will follow up within 2-3 business days to make an individualized plan with you.
About the cost of Mifgash Choref: All fees include flight, daily bus transportation, overnight retreat fees, paying our educational staff, and programming/entrance costs for adventures in Israel.
Registering early enables us to lock in affordable plane tickets, making the overall Winter adventure tuition lower. This $200 deposit will be applied against the full cost and can be refunded (minus a $25 admin fee) if you cancel your spot/s no later than September 1, 2023, or if the teen is not accepted for this year's trip. The cost for the trip is $4100.
Our goals for Mifgash are to:
- Grow our Jewish teens' relationships with Israel by building friendships between CCM teens and their Israeli peers.
- Strengthen relationships between our teens and the people of Israel
- Educate Israeli teens about Jewish life in the American Jewish Diaspora
- Serve as a catalyst for further Israel-American Diaspora relationship building and programming
- Develop a deeper connection to Israel through personal relationships
- Share our culture and our Jewish lives in America
- Engage in Tikkun Olam (Repairing the world) and Fun (Kef)
Questions?If your questions are not answered here, please contact Mifgash Program Director Julia Babka-Kurzrock at 510-407-6728 [email protected] or CCM's Exectuive Director, Devra Aarons at 925-944-4701 or [email protected].