Use this form to early register let us know that your teen(s) are interested in Mifgash Kayeetz /Summer Encounter AND/OR you can host 2 Israeli students in June 2024. These unique opportunities aim to interweave our American and Israeli teens through friendship, and to deepen your teen's (and family's) shared sense of K'lal Israel (Jewish peoplehood), and enhance our understanding of what it means to be Jewish and grow up in each country.
Summer 2024 in the Bay Area (Israelis come to us!) June 6 - 16, 2024 (Final dates will be published once they purchase their tickets.)
About Mifgash Kayeetz/Summer: This 10-day journey features daily bus adventures all over the Bay Area with your Midrasha friends and our visiting Israeli students. The summer itinerary will take us to an overnight retreat, an amusement park, university tours, and so much more! Hosting a pair of Israeli teens is not required to participate, but it does deepen your teen’s (and your family's) experience.
Note: More information can also be found online at https://www.ccmidrasha.com/mifgash
- Option #1 - Let us know you're interested in having your teen attend
- Option #2 - Let us know you're interested in hosting 2 Israeli teens.
About the cost of Summer: All fees include daily bus transportation, overnight retreat fees, paying our educational staff, and programming/entrance costs for adventures.
Winter in Israel (we go to the Israelis!) - December 27, 2023 - January 8, 2024
Join in with your close Midrasha friends for a chance to get to know Israel from the inside, being hosted by our friends from the Holtz Academy. In past years we've spent time in Haifa, Tel Aviv, and Jerusalem - visiting historical sites, shopping the shuk, seeing museums and so much more. The formal application process is open. (Note: Your early registration does not guarantee this teen's spot on the trip. Apply for Winter Mifgash 2023-24
Our goals for Mifgash are to:
- Grow our Jewish teens' relationships with Israel by building friendships between CCM teens and their Israeli peers.
- Strengthen relationships between our teens and the people of Israel
- Educate Israeli teens about Jewish life in the American Jewish Diaspora
- Serve as a catalyst for further Israel-American Diaspora relationship building and programming
- Develop a deeper connection to Israel through personal relationships
- Share our culture and our Jewish lives in America
- Engage in Tikkun Olam (Repairing the world) and Fun (Kef)
Questions?If your questions are not answered here, please contact Mifgash Program Director Julia Babka-Kurzrock at 510-407-6728 [email protected] or CCM's Executive Director, Devra Aarons at 925-944-4701 or [email protected].