Dear Friends and Colleagues,
As you are aware, my organization is deeply involved with providing charitable services to patients suffering from asthma and allergies in different locations by:
1. Organizing asthma awareness camps;
2. Building free charitable clinics;
3. Arranging for the transfer of medical equipment across continents; and
4. Expanding post-MD educational programs in the field of immunology.
In order to support all these activities, most of the charitable programs have been self-funded. I depend on, and appreciate additional support (moral, professional, and financial) from my colleagues, well-wishers, alumni from the Diploma programs, as well as from friends and relatives.
The funds collected will be utilized for the following activities:
• Swaasha Allergy Asthma charitable clinic at MMCRI, Mysore. Karnataka
• Swaasha Allergy Asthma Charitable clinic at Jodhpur, Rajasthan
• Asthma Allergy Awareness camps in various locations
• Asthma Allergy Network India (AANI)
• Planned Centre of excellence in Allergy, Asthma & Immunology at CMC, Vellore, India
One of the ways I am planning to conduct the next fund-drive is through the distribution of a unique book, ‘PK PORTRAYED’ by Mr. MOHAN MURTHY, an author and publisher in Mysore, India. This book encompasses my life from my childhood years, through the different stages of life, to the present day, all in an easily readable and seamless narration. The book is presently available in English.
VEDANTHA CHARITIES (Regd No: 330/97 dated 24-7-1997)
Address: 1397, 4thCross, Krishnamurthy Puram, Mysore 570004, INDI
Bank information: Canara Bank, NRI branch. 10-14, 1st Floor, The Royal Crown, Sangam Talkies Road, Asoka Road, Lashkar Mohalla, Mysuru, Karnataka 5700001 Tele: 0821 2528213
Account No: 0538101037135 IFSC code: CNRB0002309
1. PAYMENT BT CHECK: Please make out the check to ‘International Asthma Services’ and mail to : 3405, Shore Road, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524, USA.
2. ONLINE PAYMENT: https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/NDA4NjY=
This book is not for sale. A copy of the book will be sent to all donors. A copy will be sent on request to those who are not donors too, free of cost. Requests can be sent online (details overleaf). For your reference, a description and an initial review of PK Portrayed follows this letter. Thank you for your support, friendship, and contributions.
Dr P K Vedanthan
'PK PORTRAYED’ is a narration of the
roots, childhood events, experiences
as a young man, challenges faced as
a family man as well as a professional.
The book deals with several instances
in PK’s life which moulded his outlook
and changed his priorities towards
benevolent causes. There is separate
section of his ‘Memorable Events’
which encompasses his varied experiences on his voyages to several parts
of the globe, adventures with his family
and friends, very joyful and painful
episodes. This book will be a joyful,
seamless reading for anyone at all
stages of life.