Now Hiring Part-Time On-Site Manager of a Mobile Shower Unit serving those in need in the Metro Detroit area.
Start Date: ASAP
Driver, logistics expert, survey taker, listener, cleaner, communicator, report writer, and customer service superstar.
- Safe driving of an F250 pulling a 24 ft+ trailer.
- Daily setup/breakdown and waste disposal.
- Troubleshooting day-to-day operations.
- Interfacing with host organizations.
- Completing/overseeing operational and maintenance digital checklists/reports.
- Coordinating and supporting an Assistant and Crew Volunteers.
- Managing supplies inventory and restocking.
- Greeting and engaging guests.
- Managing queue/data, and shower turnover.
- Keeping cool in challenging situations, practicing empathy, and demonstrating stellar customer service.
- De-escalation and conflict management as needed.
- Valid Michigan Driver's License
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to proactively communicate with doers and decision-makers
- Demonstrate qualities consistent with the WAVE Project mission, including
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have an excellent attendance record
- Must have an excellent work record
- Must be available and able to perform job duties
- Ability to function independently with minimum direction
- Ability to work with a large number of people
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Requires lifting of equipment
- Knowledge of CPR, first aid, and de-escalation is preferred
- Must be proficient with technology
- Hardware: Computers, tablets, etc.
- Software: Google products: email, cloud/shared drives, web pages, digital checklists/forms, spreadsheets, documents
- Maintaining professional and consistent digital communications via email
Serving people experiencing homelessness
- Pulling extended trailers (>24 ft)
- Equipment and assets
- Basic truck and trailer maintenance
- Maintaining accurate records
- Maintaining inventory
Hours: Part-Time. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM.
- $150.00 per day
- Health Insurance benefits are not provided
Interested and qualified candidates must complete an online application (link below). Applicants may be required to provide references and be subject to a background check. A resume must be uploaded as a part of the application.
*WAVE Project is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.