MLK Hospital Fundraiser
2516 MLK is an innovative approach to providing medical access to underserved communities
in ‘Sunny’ South Dallas, while also creating a catalytic economic development project to anchor
the revitalization of Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
2516 MLK will adaptively reuse an existing, vacant medical building and
convert it into a mixed-use medical building and café, that will be a platform
for good health, history, and community bonding in the ‘Sunny South Dallas’
community and create a catalytic anchor for economic development on the
Martin Luther King corridor. 2516 MLK will include:
• a 7,500 square foot Art of Dentistry - Also an investor in the project, the
dentistry practice will serve the local community providing dental care.
• 4,000 square feet Moaux Eatz Cafe - providing healthy culinary experience,
while simultaneously providing life skills and job training to local residents
• 7,500 square feet of office space providing workforce development, social
services, and space for education, collaboration, and engagement
• a rooftop urban garden and community space, providing a social and gathering
space designed to foster community health and resiliency, and to get a
birds-eye-view of Martin Luther King Jr. Day parades.
2516 MLK presents a unique opportunity for the Art of Dentistry to enter a burgeoning market.
Because of the project’s financial structure, location, and mission, 2516 MLK is an ideal site for a
new, urban-format mixed-use medical office.
• The project’s financial structure includes opportunities for obtaining New Markets Tax Credits,
Historic Tax Credits, Pace Financing, Transit-Oriented Development TIF, the South Dallas/Fair
Park PID, and 60 years of social equity.
• Spearheading the revitalization of the Martin Luther King Jr Blvd economic corridor. This will
result in dramatically improving average education levels, population density, and household
incomes, as well as a reduction in crime and blight.
• 2516 MLK is a community-based development that will create a national best- practice
model for community economic development and delivering allied health access to
underserved populations. The project will be an innovative Dental Office Hub that will bring
together a unique group of partners to anchor economic development, improve community
health, and reduce vulnerability in the South Dallas Community.