Help Gaia Passages Thrive!
Powerful youth need to be supported by powerful community
Donate to Gaia Passages and help support confident, earth connected, female identified youth!
We invite you to be a part of our team of Gaia Passages supporters! Each dollar that you give will help more kids to feel connected to themselves, the Earth, and each other. Your support will help us to continue our free program for West Oakland youth, and create a solid base to launch our curriculum campaign over the next year in order to solidly train and support our staff.
Gaia Passages provides safe circles of support that teach the skills of social and emotional intelligence and nature connection. Kids are immersed in an inter-generational community and are mentored through a meaningful rite of passage into their teenage years.
“Gaia Passages has helped my daughter grow tremendous confidence in herself.”
Your support will help us to take the next steps towards the following goals:
Bring Gaia Passages to more communities: We are being asked to offer groups beyond our current capacity to provide them.
Fill the gap between program fees and what it costs to run programs: We are able to fund 70% of what it takes to run Gaia Passages through program fees. The remaining 30% we need to raise through donations.
Support Our Scholarship fund: We provided over $30,000 in scholarships in 2018. Help us continue our commitment to make Gaia Passages accessible to all.
Continue our West Oakland Group: We provide a free of cost Gaia Passages group for kids from low income families who otherwise would not have access to a nature based group. This fall we were able to bring them out to their local park. For many of them, it was their first time being in such a wild place, and they loved it! This alone costs us $12,000
Pay our Staff A Living Wage (for the Bay Area): We intend to pay our amazing staff a living wage for the San Francisco Bay Area, where the cost of living is high. We can only nourish others if we are nourished.
Pay for Diversity and Equity Consultation and Training for Our Staff: We are committed to being an organization that is sensitive and inclusive to all and stands in solidarity with all people.
Raise Funds through Foundational Grants: We seek to diversify how Gaia Passages is being funded with a combination of program fees, individual donors, and grants. It is more likely that foundations will offer us funding if they see that we have strong community support.
“Spending time with Gaia Passages outdoors has helped her find comfort in nature... she doesn't mind getting dirty anymore!”
Gratitudes … We send deep gratitude to the earth beings, ancestors and teachers, those who inform the work of Gaia Passages, and to the families, staff, volunteers and kids who have made Gaia Passages what it is today. We give thanks for those who have tended these lands for thousands of years and recognize that we are offering our programs on land that was unrightfully taken from the First Nation People of the Americas. We are committed to doing our part to grow a human planetary community that is honoring of earth and all people.
“She now tells close friends she doesn't want to gossip about other girls.”
“Role playing and conversations have helped her handle confrontations and understand her emotions and feelings.”