National Kitten Coalition Nursery Conference
Why This Conference? Why Your Organization?
- Very young kittens, particularly neonates, are highly vulnerable to life-threatening diseases and have unique critical care needs.
- Many organizations have started kitten nurseries to care for them. Approaches vary, depending on the organization’s or community’s resources.
What works? What doesn’t?
Is a kitten nursery right for my organization?
How can we improve the kitten nursery we have?
How can I volunteer to help at-risk kittens, especially “bottle babies”?
How have nurseries weathered the Covid-19 pandemic?
How You Can Help
Support our three-part online conference covering the issues of particular interest to our three audiences. Your support will enable us to offer this conference at minimal cost to attendees.
Shelter and rescue staff and volunteers will learn crucial information on how to start and run a kitten nursery, what works, what doesn’t, and how to deal with “curve balls” like disease. Bottom line: kitten lives will be saved!
NKCNurseryConference/2021: What to Expect
- Three in-depth panels featuring kitten nursery experts covering the benefits and challenges of various nursery formats, and dealing with “curve balls” like pandemics.
- Sponsor exposure to an anticipated audience of 200-500 shelter and rescue professionals and other kitten caregivers, drawn by the expertise of the speakers.
- Strong advance conference marketing via direct outreach to shelter and rescue staffs, kitten foster caregivers, and others focused on kitten care, coupled with frequent targeted postings on social media.
Kittens pictured were in the care of the Animal Welfare League of Arlington.