Guided Gardening - A Learning CSA
the Alaska Botanical Garden this summer for our Guided Gardening: A Learning Community
Supported Agriculture (CSA) program! We’re gathering up our horticultural expertise to dig deeper into the
CSA model. In addition to receiving a share of fresh produce all summer, we
invite you to take an active role in learning how the food on your table is
grown; from seed to soup.
With sensitivity to current COVID concerns, we will likely be unable to have you side-by-side with us in the garden this season. Through seasonally relevant educational content, we will look at what's happening in the garden and work our way through the entire growing process: soil preparations, monitoring for pests, harvest considerations, and preserving the bounty are some of the topics we’ll highlight. Our Learning CSA members will also have access to ABG horticulture staff and an educational library of gardening tutorials to set you up for success in your home garden.
Timeline: Harvest runs June through early September, educational content available starting in April.
Guided Gardening CSA Benefits:
- 12 weeks of produce beginning mid/late June, running into early September; shares are enough to supplement a family of 2-4 depending on household consumption. Shares include a variety of vegetables, herbs, berries, and accompanying recipes.
- 1-yr Alaska Botanical Garden Family Membership ($75 value; up to 4 people)
- Curated educational content throughout the season
- 4 interactive workshops to be conducted via Zoom
- One-on-one garden consultations with ABG horticulture staff
- Exclusive member access to video tutorials on gardening topics (eg: seed starting, transplanting, weed and pest ID, soil fertility, harvesting and preserving)
- Seeds and plant starts to grow at home