Climate Awareness Group
Building Reflection and Action Skills
- SUNDAYS 430 - 6 pm PST: March - October 2022
- March 13
May 29June 5
- Share mindfulness practices.
- View and digest information presented in selected speakers’ videos, including climate science, the intersection of climate + capitalism, ecology + economy, and implicit bias + privilege.
- Practice Reflective Listening, Speaking + Observing skills, so as to build our capacity to initiate and support conversations within our families and communities.
- Teachings and practices to support trauma stewardship (personal and collective), to recognize and resolve our implicit memories (held in our bodies and interrupting our ability to be present in specific ways), and to develop a compassionate approach to support others as they encounter their own held trauma, lodged in their body.
- Develop shared leadership skills based on mutuality, reciprocity + collaboration.
- Learn the compassionate inquiry processes of Yoga.