Race and Sexuality Research Award
Donations will be used to fund the Race and Sexuality Research Award. These projects center on Black people, indigenous people, and other communities of color.
Award Submission Criteria
A brief (3 page maximum) proposal is required explaining the proposed
research, a timeframe for its completion, and how it relates to one or
more of the 8 Dimensions of Positive Sexuality. Applicants must also
submit a proposed budget and a resume or curriculum vitae.
Proposals areevaluated by the Board of Directors based on the
following criteria: 1) quality and feasibility of work proposed 2)
centrality of research on communities of color 3) connection of research
to one or more of the Dimensions of Positive Sexuality and 4) potential
for impact on communities of color.
Who Can Apply?
Proposals are welcomed from researchers at any level, including community members unaffiliated with academic institutions, and anyone can apply. We welcome submissions from new researchers without a publication record. Researchers from marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
CPS Will Provide
- Research funding
- Timely and clear communication
- Research support from one or more of our volunteer Research Assistants (as available)
- Promotion of your work via our website and social media
- For projects that require IRB approval, assistance is available via our collaboration with the CARAS IRB
- Option to submit for publication in the Journal of Positive Sexuality
Awards will be provided annually as funding allows. 100% of donations to this award are provided to the awardees.