Buddha's Life with John Tarrant Roshi
PZI 2-Day Retreat on December 5 & 6, 2020
Note: Breaks for lunch will be 12-1pm daily
Tell Me A Story: Awakening comes to the Buddha and other stories of enlightenment.
Long ago, in a kingdom far away, in a great forest, a man sat alone under a great, spreading, fig tree looking into the deepest matters. He had been a prince, but now, in desperation and hope, he meditated deep into the night. As dawn approached, his mind quieted, he looked up and saw the morning star and cried out,
Now I see that all beings have the nature of the one who comes thus:
Only their delusions and attachments keep them from realizing this.
Our retreat is on the anniversary of that event in early December as the old year winds down. It’s easy to think of the Buddha’s journey and of the teachings that bring awakening as something far off. But the journey belongs to us. Each year we follow the paths out of the palace and meet dragons and hermits and milkmaids and they are different from ones we met last year. We see in them the path of our own destiny and the shape of our own faces.
Registration Details: PZI Members, $175. Non-Members, $225.
- Discounts, as always, for PZI Members
- Scholarships are available for members in need. Please contact the registrar, Corey Hitchcock
- You may register for 1 or 2 people.
- To register, click the 'Register Buddha's Life' image button below.
- You may add a donation to PZI, teacher dana (gift), and/or donation to PZI General Fund to your Registration Cart before you check out.
- Adding a donation to the PZI Scholarship Fund helps others attend.
Once you've registered, you'll receive a welcome email by December 4, with a Zoom link and more info for online participation.
Donations & Teacher Dana are gratefully received
- For your convenience we've included a way for you to add a donation to PZI and/or teacher dana in your Registration Cart before you check out.
- Follow the 'Add Dana or Donation' link, use the image buttons at bottom of page.
- When complete, you'll be returned to your Cart with the total for checkout.
For scholarship requests or registration questions, contact email@example.com
Thank you for being a part of us, and for your ongoing support and participation in PZI's Zen Online sessions. Looking forward to seeing you in the PZI Digital Temple!