2021 EfTA Online Internship Program Volunteer
The Education for Tomorrow Alliance Student Internship Program (SIP) has traditionally offered two-week in-person internships to rising 12th graders, but amid the COVID-19 pandemic, we are adapting summer career programming to a virtual format for 2021. EfTA is looking for community volunteers to share their career experiences and skills as we continue student programming online. Volunteer commitments range from about two to six hours with most activities planned for June 2021.
Please note that as we continue to prepare for our 2021 programs everything is subject to change.
As a volunteer you have the opportunity to participate in one or more of the following opportunities:
- Industry specific career panel - Share your career story and requirements for your profession in a Q & A format via Zoom
- Online trainings for career development skills - Offer students tips on resume writing, interview skills, and more.
- Company-based career panels - Help organize a career panel that highlights the range of career positions available at your company (engineer, lawyer, sales, etc.)
- Be an online mentor to a group of 5 - 8 students that are interested in your career and help them work through a project/case study that will be provided by EfTA - Meet virtually two or three times to offer insights and feedback to a small group
- We have provided an option below for mentors to select if they are able to host students in-person on a one time basis as part of the virtual mentor program or host student(s) for two-weeks in-person as part of our traditional program. Hosting students in person is not required.
Learn more about being a mentor here: Mentor FAQ