The Norwalk Fund 2020-2021
Invest in your neighborhood
“What is in a name,” by Shakespeare does not necessarily apply to The Community Fund of Darien. In fact, you might be surprised to learn that, on average, only 5% of donations stay in Darien! The remaining 95% goes to nonprofits in Norwalk and Stamford. We invested in 9 agencies in Norwalk last year!
Since 1951, The Community Fund of Darien has been inspiring people and mobilizing resources to strengthen the community of Darien, Norwalk and Stamford. We believe that all community members should have the opportunity to reach their full potential as healthy, educated, and self-sufficient individuals.
We invest in vital, nonprofit health and human services organizations that meet our funding goals of Basic Needs, Youth Success, Workforce Development and Community Health. Since our founding, The Community Fund of Darien has invested more than $20 million in local nonprofits and community initiatives, impacting thousands of lives in our community.
Each organization we fund is thoroughly vetted by our small staff and more than 60 trained community volunteers to ensure that our donors’ contributions are deployed effectively with targeted impact, and we monitor recipient organizations throughout the year. By investing in effective programs and organizations that promote equity and provide long-term support for all local residents, we strengthen our whole community.
We are excited to launch The Norwalk Fund, which restricts donations to nonprofits located in your town. Why is this important? You have the peace of mind knowing that your philanthropic dollars stay in your immediate neighborhood while benefitting from The Community Fund of Darien’s 70-years of experience, knowledge and relationships, its due-diligence and vetting process of nonprofit agencies and the collective impact of donor gifts.
We sincerely hope you will consider supporting our work in Norwalk! As our partner, you will receive a monthly email, instantaneous gift acknowledgement and gratitude, as well as regular impact reports to see the difference your support makes for our most vulnerable neighbors in Norwalk!
Have questions? Wish to learn more about The Community Fund of Darien and/or The Norwalk Fund? Please email Charla Easterbrook to set-up an informal phone call or Zoom chat!