with Kenny White
Friday • August 13 2021 • 6:00 EDT • Venue TBA
Cheryl Wheeler has to be seen to be appreciated. Nothing you read and nothing you hear from her albums prepares you for how good a performer she is.
You may not be familiar with Cheryl, but you have probably heard her music. She is very respected as a songwriter by her peers, which can be seen by how many of them record her songs. Cheryl's songs have been covered by artists as diverse as Dan Seals, Peter Paul and Mary, Kenny Loggins, Garth Brooks, Suzy Boggus, Melanie, Bette Midler, Maura O'Connell, Sylvia, Kathy Mattea, and Holly Near. If they think she is great, then you owe it to yourself to learn more if you aren't familiar with her.
From her albums you can tell that she is a gifted songwriter with a beautiful voice. From other people's comments about her you can learn that she is a natural story teller with a fantastic sense of humor. But until you see her in person, you never really believe what you've been told about her. Besides, almost half of the songs she does during her shows haven't been recorded!
Children Under 12 Free (Please be mindful of social-distancing guidelines)
Co-presented with Twilight Music
Sponsored by Barr Hill and Oak Meadow
Social Distancing Guidelines
- The concert field entrance opens at 5:00 p.m. While waiting in the box office line, please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from patrons in front and behind you.
- Face masks must be worn from your car until you reach your socially distanced "pod" in the field, and also when you use the rest rooms.
- Your seating pod is limited to a maximum of 6 people (you and up to 5 of your friends/family). Please bring lawn chairs or blankets to sit on.
- While dancing to the music, please remain in your pod.
- Please adhere to exit instructions after the concert, and pack any trash out with you.