Launched in 2002 the annual Ventura County Housing Conference mission was and still is “to engage the public, planning and housing professionals, and elected officials in an action-oriented annual conference which is dedicated to increasing the awareness for issues surrounding the supply, need and cost of housing in Ventura County.” This practical, action-oriented symposium will result in:
- New and improved programs, tools and solutions for housing creation at all levels, including those at the lower income levels;
- Greater understanding of issues surrounding the housing supply, need, process and costs;
- Enriched partnerships and coordination between organizations and individuals for a more efficient development process.
year’s symposium celebrates our 20-year anniversary with the theme “Housing Reimagined”. The conference program will apply insights from
the past to today’s housing environment and the innovations that can reimagine
housing in the future. We will:
- Be Live! In-person with a large outdoor courtyard for sponsor exhibits and networking
- Keynote address by Carmen Ramirez - VC Supervisor, 2nd VP SCAG, former Oxnard City Council, Attorney
hot topic discussions such as: “State v Local jurisdiction battle” and “Post
pandemic shifts in housing”
- Include small-group facilitated roundtable forums on a variety of housing related topics (pre-order necessary)
- Present recent forward-thinking projects and new technology
- Provide 20th anniversary awards for dedicated sponsors
- Offer video recording of all presentations for even greater outreach!
- Conclude with a practical Call to Action