Rally to Rebuild
We're kicking off our Lakeview rebuilds this summer for our newest Building a Healthy Neighborhood community, and we need your help! The costs of home repairs have soared along with the price of building materials and contractor expenses. At the same time, we're committed to making a deeper impact in the communities and lives of our neighbors in need, which means more homes repaired, more repairs in each home, and more safety and health hazards removed. By the end of the year, our goal is to repair at least 15 homes in the Lakeview neighborhood.
To achieve this level of impact, we're calling on our [Re]Builders to sign up as peer-to-peer fundraisers for our Rally to Rebuild Campaign! Our goal is to raise $25,000 to help us ensure that every home we repair in the Lakeview Neighborhood passes our 25-point safe and healthy home checklist. Here's what your support can do...
- $25 gift provides a gallon of mildew/mold protective paint. Children living in poorly maintained homes are at higher risk for lead exposure, which can cause behavioral and learning problems.
- $100 gift installs grab bars to prevent slips and falls in the bathroom. Approximately 3 million older adults are hospitalized for their injuries from slips and falls each year.
- $500 gift replaces old raggedy carpeting and helps cover the cost of durable, easy-to-clean flooring to remove harmful allergens and tripping hazards.
- $1,000 gift helps to keep a neighbor warm through the winter with hot water for bathing. The recommended life of a hot water heater is only 10 years.
- $5 gift installs LED lightbulbs throughout a home. Since many seniors experience declining vision, poor lighting can increase the risk of trip hazards on rugs and other obstacles in darkened hallways.
- $10 gift installs a chair-height toilet. Higher toilets reduce stress on joints and help occupants transfer on and off with greater ease.
- $50 gift replaces a broken appliance. Working and efficient kitchen appliances help families cook safely at home.
- $100 gift installs GFCI electrical outlets. Electrical problems may cause fires resulting in injury or death. The U.S. Fire Administration estimates that eleven percent of fatal fires in residential homes are caused by electrical malfunctions.
- $250 gift covers the costs of labor to replace a leaking roof. Watertight roofs are vital to controlling moisture, which leads to a host of hazards to occupants’ health.
Will you join us by making a donation today to help us raise even more resources for our upcoming Building a Healthy Neighborhood rebuilds?
As if providing life-changing repairs to our neighbors in need isn't awesome enough, fundraisers who raise at least $500 or have 25 unique donors to contribute to their page (minimum of $10 each) will receive a free VIP ticket to our Building a Healthy Neighborhood cocktail reception on October 6th!
Thank you for your support! Together we can repair homes, revitalize communities, and rebuild lives.