Youth Programs 2021-2022
TCF Youth Group Application Instructions for 21-22 School Year
Format for Applications
· All applications will consist of TWO Parts:
o Part ONE: Student Info is to be filled out by the STUDENT.
o Part TWO: Parent Info/Registration Fee is to be filled out by the PARENT.
§ Registration Fee of $200.00 per participant will be used to cover program costs, project materials, meeting supplies, snacks, advisor stipends and in the case of YCF (Youth Community Fund), remaining funds will be applied to the YCF grant pool.
§ If the Registration Fee would be a financial burden, please let us know. Confidential scholarships are available.
o Instructions for completing both parts will be included in the Google Form Application Link. Part ONE can be completed directly in the Google Form. Part TWO requires the parent to redirect to FlipCause. The FlipCause link will be included in the Google Form Application.
o The most important part is to ensure you are completing the correct youth group application. Please be careful. For example, only middle school students may participate in YGB (Youth Give Back).
o Your application will not be considered until BOTH parts have been properly submitted.
Eligibility Criteria/Organization of Applications
· There will be TWO rounds of applications:
o Round ONE will be for Invited Returning Students only.
§ In Round ONE, students who have previously been enrolled in that specific TCF youth group will be given priority over incoming students. Incoming students will be placed on a first come, first serve basis.
§ This application link will be emailed to families directly on Mon May 24th and must be submitted by Mon May 31st.
§ Invited Returning Students meet the following 3 criteria:
· 1) Participated in a TCF Youth Group (YGB, FCG, YCF or YAT) during the 20-21 academic school year.
· 2) Met the attendance requirement for their group, communicated at the beginning of the year (or semester for YGB).
· 3) Made positive contributions to the group through active participation.
o Round TWO will be for New Students and Remaining Returning Students (those who may not have met the criteria above, but who wish to recommit to TCF youth programs).
§ This application will be emailed to families as well as made available on the TCF web page on Wed June 2nd and must be submitted by Wed June 9th.
§ All students who apply during this round will be placed in a lottery pool to be drawn on Thurs June 10th. Families will be notified of their status via email on this day. If you are not accepted, your name will automatically be placed on the waitlist, in the order in which the names are selected from the lottery pool, and the family will be notified if a change in status occurs.
§ Families will be notified regarding how many open slots remain in each group after Round ONE.
Timeline for Applications
· May 24 (Mon): Applications for INVITED RETURNING students OPEN
· May 31 (Mon/Memorial Day): Applications for INVITED RETURNING students DUE
· June 2 (Wed): Applications for NEW/REMAINING RETURNING students OPEN
· June 9 (Wed): Applications for NEW/REMAINING RETURNING students DUE
· June 10 (Thurs): Lottery drawn for Round TWO. Families notified.
Please note that all due dates are by 11:59pm of the day listed.
Other Important Notes:
· MAKE SURE YOU FILL OUT THE CORRECT APPLICATION FOR YOUR AGE/GROUP. Exceptions will NOT be made for students who fill out the wrong application.
· A properly submitted application DOES NOT guarantee a spot. All youth groups have a capacity limit to ensure quality programs.
o YGB (Youth Give Back) for 7th and 8th grade students, is limited to 20 students per semester.
o FCG (Freshmen Community Group) for 9th grade students, is limited to 30 students for the year.
YAT (Youth Asset Team) for 10th-12th
grade students, is limited to 40 students for the year.
YCF (Youth Community Fund) for 10th-12th grade students, is limited to 50 students for the year.