Food Vendor Registration for 2021 Taste
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR INSURANCE CERTIFICATE NAMING MCMA AS AN ADDITIONAL INSURED AVAILABLE TO UPLOAD AS PART OF THIS REGISTRATION PROCESS. DO NOT BEGIN REGISTRATION UNTIL INSURANCE HAS BEEN PURCHASED.
In light of the many challenges Covid 19 has presented to the restaurant community, MCMA has decided to reduce the registration fees by 100.00 for the 2021 Taste of Michigan City. Thank you to the entire MC restaurant community for your dedication and resilience.
Thank you for your interest in Michigan City Mainstreet Association’s Annual Taste of Michigan City. This will be a two-day event on August 6th, 2021, from 4:00 pm. to 11:00 pm. and August 7th, 2021, from 12:00 pm. to 11:00 pm. and will take place in the Uptown Arts District in downtown Michigan City. The Michigan City Grand Prix Boat Parade will occur at 6:00 pm on Saturday, August 7th, 2021. Live entertainment, local breweries, and countless visitors will make this event the place to be if you own or operate a restaurant in the Michigan City area.
To be considered an eligible participant, all interested parties must be a restaurant or food vendor business registered with the Indiana or Michigan Secretary of State and operated within a 25-mile radius of the Michigan City Uptown Arts District.
All participants shall complete this online registration (including payment) by July 23rd, 2021. Registrations will not be accepted after July 23rd, 2021. In order for a registration to be considered complete, the following items shall be provided:
- Non-refundable registration fee paid through this online form. No checks or cash will be accepted.
- Original certificate of insurance evidencing the following insurance minimums: Commercial General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence (naming the City of Michigan City and the MCMA as additional insured); Automobile liability $500,000 per occurrence; and Property (replacement) coverage.
All registered vendors shall:
- Abide by all federal, state, and local requirements.
- Hold harmless the Michigan City Mainstreet Association, Inc. from all injuries or claims arising from this event.
- Provide their own 10 x 10 tent (preferably white) or other approved structure, extension cords for power, lighting, tables, fire extinguisher, and chairs.
- Set up in the stall assigned to that vendor and not infringe upon neighboring vendors.
- Be housed within a separate tent from other vendors, and only the vendor present can be advertised at each tent. No vendors can share a tent.
- Participate in both days of the event.
- Begin setup on Friday after 1:00 p.m. and be ready for the LaPorte County Health Department inspection by 3:00 p.m.
- Begin setup on Saturday after 9:00 a.m. and be set up by 10:00 a.m.
- Portion all of their food items such that they fit in an 8 oz. paper food tray to encourage patrons to taste all vendors’ offerings.
- Collect and properly dispose of in receptacles all of their own trash at the end of each evening.
- Collect all oils used for food preparation and cooking and dispose of them in accordance with local laws. No oils shall ever be dumped or spilled on the ground.
- Honor all VIP food tickets presented to the vendor. MCMA will issue VIP Food Tickets to our sponsors and guests. Each ticket will correspond to any single item offered by the vendor. Any vendor that does not comply with this requirement during the event will be removed from the event.
MCMA will host a food vendor meeting on July 29th, 2021 at 6:00 PM (arrive at 5:45 PM) at 526 Franklin Street where we will go over event details and answer questions. Vendors will choose their vending location based on the order in which they register. The first business to register will receive the first choice of vending location, the second business to register will receive the second choice of vending location, and so on. This meeting will be a discussion with all of the food vendors that are present at this meeting. If you, or a representative of your business, are not present at this meeting, you will forfeit your opportunity to select your vending location, and you will be assigned a spot after all other registrants present have selected theirs.