8th Annual Photo Booth Fundraiser 2021
A Collaborative Photojournalism Essay on Families
The Birth Roots Photo Booth is back for its 8th year! This collaborative photojournalism essay on family life was originally inspired by the #MomInThePicture movement. This pop-up photo booth is a quick and playful glimpse into all the similar & different ways that families take shape and experience phases, moods, and examples of imperfection. See this link for the back story of this event. #ProofOfMom
Families register to participate within a 15 minute window for their 2- 3 minute pop up micro-session with Emilie Sommer!
Participants should not expect formal portraits, this is a playful snapshot of family authenticity, silly, goofy, authentic facial expressions capturing a moment of our children's growth & development, laughing, squinting, nose to nose, cheek to cheek, raised eyebrows... all the things! The opposite of "hold still for the camera" that children tend to enjoy a whole lot more.
On TUESDAY JUNE 1st (updated) tickets for the Photo Booth Benefit will go on sale for the Sunday June 13th event located at Birth Roots Outdoor Classroom at 16 Vannah Avenue Portland, ME.
2021 Benefit ticket price $195.
This event is a Benefit supporting the nonprofit organization, Birth Roots Center for Community Supported Parenting in its mission to provide programming that changes outcomes in early parenting and family life, updates outdated narratives and creates the conditions for a culture of community support to take root.
How to participate:
1. Make a reservation online
2. Choose from one of the time slots during the Golden Light of 4:30 to 6:30pm.
3. Participants will be given access to a password protected gallery to download to 15 high resolution black & white images to to share or print as you please.
4. 100% of the proceeds go directly to the Birth Roots annual operating budget
STOP! Before you participate in this fundraiser it is important to fully understand what it is and is not. There are many "mini-session" opportunities out there for family portraits if that is what you are looking for, but that is not what this event is. These images might include eyes open or closed, looking up, down or away, not everyone in your party will necessarily be facing the same direction and looking at the same focal point at the same time. Formal portraiture is not the intent or purpose of this photojournalism essay and fundraising event.
By clicking purchase I am agreeing to the following terms 1. We understand that this event is a fundraiser for Birth Roots and as such tickets are nonrefundable, they are transferable however, and may be sold or given to another family 2. We understand that the photographer is volunteering her time as a generous gift to Birth Roots and should not be contacted with requests for redo's or refunds. 3. We understand that the photographer will produce a collection of 15 images of our family, but not individual shots of each member separately
4. We understand that, due to the excessive time involved in making individual, separate galleries, images will be made available in one shared gallery only accessible to participants. There is value to seeing one's own images in the context of the complete "essay". Some images may be included in Birth Roots media promotion of our events
5. All participants will follow Birth Roots current public health precautions for 'mixed company', wearing masks while waiting for your turn (understanding that 2 and younger may be mask-free)
*In collaboration with Emilie Inc., it is our 2021 Fundraising goal to sell all 50 tickets at the 2021 price of $195. If by chance there are any unsold tickets on June 10th, we will make them available for $125 at noon on 6/10.
TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE AT 4pmEST ON JUNE 1!
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!