Every individual goes through trial and tribulations. We may be at the height of our careers one day, and the next, we may be falling apart. As an avid volunteer to local communities, I have talked to those once executives working for multi-million dollar companies and now facing the need to be supported by a local shelter. I have talked to young women who were homeless from the age of 13. No matter who they are, everyone deserves a second chance, a helping hand to win in life.
That is why Friends of Three T Institute has partnered up with CORE Foundation and create a philanthropic charitable entity to help those in need in our community. As two organizations coming together, our mission is ONE, to help others "be the change they want to see in the world."
Mission: The mission of our current project is to create a safe environment for refugee women to build and strengthen their role as leader and pave the way for change in their communities.
Vision - Join our mission to send the message to all female refugees that their lives have a purpose, that their stories are important, that their dreams count, that their voices matter, and that they were born to make an impact in this world.
Why this fundraiser- Female Refugee Education Empowerment (F.R.E.E.) seeks to empower female refugees through a multi-system approach by focusing on the barriers that limit access to education. To help remove these barriers, F.R.E.E. provides financial resources toward direct educational costs and other inhibiting factors that determine access, such as transportation, the prevalence of domestic violence, and lack of mental health resources. Female Refugee Education Empowerment intends to decrease unjust outcomes by code signing a safe environment for female refugees to build and strengthen their roles as leaders in their communities. Your contributions will make an immediate difference in addressing the inequities faced by female refugees across our region.
Fundraising Goal- $150,000
- Education- $50,000, will support educational costs, including ESL and professional development training for 20 refugees at $2,500 each. (Five donors for 10,000 each).
- Transportation- $25,000 will pay for the $5,000 down payment for 6 vehicles. (Five donors for 5,000 each).
- Legal- $25,000 will support legal fees for 5-10 refugees. (10 donors for 2,500 each).
- Entrepreneurial Support- $25,000 will assist individuals with social media, business equipment, and other costs related to starting a business. (20 donors for $1250 each)
- Mental Health Resources & Domestic Violence- $25,000 will help an estimated ten refugees, at $2,500 each, navigate the challenges associated with trauma and domestic violence. (25 donors for $1000 each).
Please join Friends of Three T Institute in helping us carry out our mission by making a tax deductible donation now.
Friends of Three T Institute is a fiscally sponsored CORE Cause by the CORE Foundation EIN # 20-5997764. Donations are tax deductible to the furthest extent of the law.