Sustainable Seattle's 2nd Annual Sailgating
Home for Good, Living Watersheds
Back by popular demand!
Sailgating = Tailgating on boats. Welcome to our safely distant social gathering option!
Show up in your own floatation device, creativity welcome! Floaties, kayaks, paddleboards, sailboats, motorboats... the sky is the limit! Or join us onshore in a socially distant fashion.
Join Sustainable Seattle as we host a talk and picnic in South Lake Union. This year we will focus on Seattle's watersheds and how we live with respect and reciprocity as residents of a water-abundant region.
- Marine scientists Sea Potential speaking on World Oceans Day
- Traditional Ecological Knowledge Holder Demarus Tevuk
- Watershed experts BJ Cummings (Author, The River That Made Seattle), Paulina Lopez and James Rasmussen (Duwamish River Clean-up Coalition)
- Live music from Bananaganz!!!
- Water-and-land activities and playful participatory research
- Picnic dinners
- Raffle with a hot tub boat trip, original art, NWFF membership, Frankie & Jo's swag, eco-tarot reading, S2 swag, and more great treats
- Wonderful community
This event is great for all ages to learn more about how to responsibly and ethically call this region home.
WHERE TO MEET
By water: Meet on the South West corner of South Lake Union, just beside the Center for Wooden Boats and MOHAI.
By shore: Meet in the North West corner of Lake Union, just beside MOHAI with your picnic blanket. Keep our community safe by limiting your gathering size to your household pod and maintain distance from other guests, and remain masked when off your picnic blanket.
By web: Register for the link, or follow us that day on Instagram Live!
All S2 events are as accessible as possible. These events underwrite community engagement, education, and direct services to accelerate sustainability efforts. Please contribute generously so these events can remain accessible to all, regardless of income and background.
- $20 and under: link to the live stream and gift from S2
- $25 and up: eco-friendly picnic dinner, sweet treat from Frankie & Jo's vegan ice cream, kombucha toast from Seeking Kombucha, gift from S2, pre-show live music from Bananaganz <<< most popular!
- $50 and up: all of the above plus a raffle ticket for a dozen prizes and a bathymetry map of Seattle by local artist Mr. Photy
- $85 and up: all of the above plus three raffle tickets and a sweet live houseplant
- $180 and up: all of the above plus five raffle tickets and an annual membership to S2 <<< second most popular!
- $250 and up: Thank you for being a champion of sustainability! All of the above plus ten raffle tickets.