5th annual Save A Child Camping Trip
- 90 hour total wilderness training
- Bear Awareness training
- Hunter safety training
- Survival skills training
- Endurance training
- Level 1: Augustus F Hawkins Nature park
- Level 2: Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area backside trails
- Level 3: Morris reservoir Dam Angeles National Forest
- Level 4: Chilao campground Angeles National Forest
The Good Word Foundation is happy to announce the return of our annual "Save A Child" Camping trip. This is a hands on training program that utilizes in person training to build our youth. We implement our "7 steps to success" format to build team spirit, community mindset, and US to WE mentalities. Focusing on self esteem building, leadership skills, life skills, social skills, conflict resolution, violence prevention, informed decision making, and much more.
This program is our hallmark event that demands the participants' dedication, cooperation, and seeks to build the overall wellbeing and quality of life through a meticulous "Level up" reward system that keeps the youth involved on a step-to-step basis. A participant must not only complete all the required training to achieve the Level 4 goal. They must also improve in the skill sets mentioned above to partake in the much anticipated "Save A Child" Camping trip.
This year's event has been scaled down due to the nature of the pandemic and has been pushed back a few months in hopes of the safest experience possible. Mask, sanitizer, and disinfectant will be in abundance and certain in-person activities such as the Chiloa state visitors center trip may be canceled. This and other in-person activities are all subject to change based on the nature of the pandemic.
- $25 inspire change
- $50 promote growth
- $100 pave a path to greatness
- $250 Be the means for development
- $500 build a team
- $1100 provide half the resources needed to Change a Child's life
- $2200 Fulfill a Child's need to succeed