Imagine a Place - Program Expansion Fund
Building the Midwest's Premier Mental Wellness Center
Welcome KMBC/KCWE Community Days! Thank you for joining us on the exciting journey of expansion!
Imagine a place in the community where you could go for friendly, connecting, open services that is designed to calm the soul and eliminate barriers often present when dealing with serious mental illness. Much like the services of a health and fitness club, the wellness center is a place where one can come away from regular life and spend a day (or even a small portion) focusing on recovery their way.
Treatment is highly individualized and focused. Features include holistic wellness activities including:
- Coaching & Classes
- Mindfulness skills (breathing exercises & guided meditation) to reduce stress and promote relaxation, massage therapy, art therapy, & yoga.
- Nutrition guidance to help participants make dietary choices that support brain/body health.
- Body movement to meet the needs and skills of the participants.
- Respite spaces that could be used as a place to reduce stress.
- Peer support (individual & group)
- A full-service trauma-informed counseling center
- And, of course, Reclamation Clubhouse.
Imagine it with me and help bring it to life! It’s closer than you think!
We’re in the process of doing due diligence on a 14,000 SF space in Olathe where this is an estimated $300,000 away from reality. We're putting in a new kitchen, adding fixtures and furniture to make this an amazing space for recovery!