Adopt a Tree for EARTH DAY 2021!
Help us reach our goal of 5000 trees sponsored by Earth Day!
EARTH DAY - APRIL 22, 2021
Would you like a tree planted in your name & a certificate to show your commitment to saving the rainforest?
Earth Day is coming up on April 22nd, and it is our goal to find sponsors for 5000 trees by then!
This is the kind of impact you can make with your generosity:
$10 plants 1 tree
$20 plants 3 trees
$50 plants 10 trees
$100 plants 50 trees
$500 plants 500 trees
Let's make a great impact together this year! 🌳
Kids Saving the Rainforest has planted nearly 18,000 trees now, with goals to plant at least 70,000 more!Our Reforestation project property is on 289 acres (117 hectares). The land was a teak farm for 20 plus years so it is deforested and lacking diversity. Our project is giving it back to nature and will be a great location for releasing sloths and other rehabilitated wildlife. There are already 2 types of monkeys on the property and both types of sloths, along with many other kinds of animals there.
WHY PLANT A TREE?
Trees are crucial for the survival of all living species on Earth.
-Combat climate change
-Clean the air
-Create economic opportunities
-Conserve energy, save water and provide food
-Not to mention, forests provide habitat for 80 percent of the world’s terrestrial biodiversity and livelihoods for 1.6 billion people.
WHY HELP SAVE THE RAINFOREST?
- Without the rainforest to soak up rain and release it slowly, floods and droughts occur, causing global warming and climate change.
- Many species of birds, animals, and plants who live in the rainforest will be unable to find the right conditions they need in order to live and will become extinct.
- Almost 50% of the prescribed drugs used in the USA come from rainforest plants.
- Leukemia, malaria, and heart diseases are treated with drugs from rainforest plants.
- Indigenous people have thrived in rainforests since the beginning of time, their lives and spirituality are inextricably linked to the plants, animals, and flow of life in this rich environment. Many of them are facing extinction as the rainforests diminish.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH EVEN JUST 1 SINGLE TREE! 🌳