Give back to public lands!
The increase of public land use has seen the increase in need for stewardship. Do your part today and challenge your friends and family to also do their part.
Take the Wild Alabama stewardship challenge by following these steps...
1. Decide what task you prefer. Volunteers get to choose between roadside trash pick up, campsite rehabilitation or trail maintenance. No experience required. We provide everything you need!
2. Email Kim Waites to set up a date and location. firstname.lastname@example.org We are available weekends or weekdays, even holidays at times.
3. Participate in your stewardship day and you will receive a sticker and a patch (image below). Take photos during your work day with you and your patch.
4. Post about your stewardship work on social media and use the following hashtags: #enjoyvalueprotect #stewardshipchallenge #wildalabama
5. Tag FIVE friends and challenge them to take the stewardship challenge!
If everyone that recreates on public lands can agree to give at least ONE stewardship day per year, we would definitely see the results and lessen the impact of our recreation.
Get started today!