2021 SAZAEYC Annual Conference
Cultivating Community - Cultivando Comunidad
As early childhood professionals, we have supported one another through yet another extraordinary year of adversity and stress. This journey through difficult experiences has also involved inspiring personal growth. We continue to be inspired as we watch countless teachers, coaches, and early childhood professionals adapt and persevere through challenging times. We want to be mindful of what is happening in our community and present on timely topics. For this year's conference, we will focus on renewal and recovery personally, professionally, and relationally.
Please reference the conference brochure on sazaeyc.org/annual-conference to learn more about each session and the presenters, as well as to download the full conference schedule. Below are the times of sessions that you will choose during registration.
We will use your email address to provide session zoom links, important updates, and any additional conference information. Because of the nature of our registration system, you will receive a separate email for each session you choose with any additional details and a link to attend. These will be sent to the email address you provide while registering from email@example.com (be sure to add this email address to your contact list so the messages do not go to your junk/spam mail folder). By submitting your email address during conference registration, you agree that SAZAEYC and its conference partners may send you follow-up correspondence. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time. We wish to give generous support to conference sponsors and partners who have helped make our event possible. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Gold Mini Sessions 8:15 AM - 8:35 AM
Session A 8:45 AM - 10:15 AM
- BILINGUAL SESSION Why "Take care of yourself!" doesn't work, and what to do instead/Por qué "¡Cuídate a ti mismo!" no funciona y qué podemos hacer para tener un autocuidado eficaz Timothy Grivois, Ed.D. and Tania Hinojosa, M. Ed.
- Cultivating Resiliency for Early Childhood Educators Danielle Swartz and Caroline Carson
- High Quality Inclusive Practices Tami Philips
- Making Friends with Yourself: Mindful Self-Compassion Toni Lopez Krause, Callie Origer, Sandra De La Cerda, and Lorena Nevarez
- Learning Through Music and Movement Sylvia Munsen and Gloria Day
Copper Mini Sessions 10:25 AM - 10:35 AM
Session B 10:45 AM - 12:15 PM
- BILINGUAL SESSION Using Our Senses to Make Sense of What Supports Well-Being: Raising Resilience Through Sensory Self-Discovery/Usando nuestros sentidos para darle sentido a lo que respalda el bienestar: Aumentando la resiliencia a través del autodescubrimiento sensorial Anna Mello-Lewis, LMSW, MAECEL (translated by Elsa Peterson)
- Trauma-Informed Caregiving: Building a Secure Base for Emotionally Resilient Babies Courtney Tapia-Acosta
- Developmental Decathlon Jason Foreman
- Save Your Sanity - Learn Tapping for Stress Relief: Introduction Tijana Coso
- Teaching Literacy via Play-Based Writing Rebecca Lopez
Turquoise Mini Sessions 12:25 PM - 12:40 PM
Session C 1:15 PM - 2:45 PM
- BILINGUAL SESSION Eating the Elephant One Bite at a Time/Ladrillo a ladrillo construyo un castillo Donna Jurich and Vanessa Rodriguez
- Introduction to Trauma in Early Childhood: Understanding Trauma and Responsive Caregiving David Sherwood
- IEPs in a Regular Early Childhood Classroom Erika Argueta
- Mindful Eating & The Power of Plants Dari Johnson and Tria Aronow Decker
- Integrating STEM into Everyday Readings Lori Cady and Carla Romero
CONFERENCE MINI SESSIONS
Throughout the conference, sponsors of the event will hold "mini-sessions." Attendance of these mini sessions contributes to the PD hours you earn attending the conference. There are many benefits of engaging in these times with our sponsors:
- Network with early childhood professionals from the Southern Arizona community
- Learn about programs, products, and services designed for young children
- Gain ideas to use with young children in the classroom and at home
- Participate in GIVEAWAYS!!!
Please visit https://www.sazaeyc.org/sponsors-exhibitors.html to learn more about the sponsors and exhibitors that are supporting the 2021 SAZAEYC Annual Conference.
EARLY BIRD Registration
through October 22
October 22- December 2
(must provide school and current student ID number)
(must provide current NAEYC membership number)
(consider conference PLUS membership, see below)
Conference + Standard NAEYC Membership
(attend conference AND become a member of NAEYC for ONE YEAR)
By joining as a member today, you can benefit from a reduced conference rate and discounts to all future SAZAEYC events. Your membership marks the true professional you are by being a part of this premier early childhood education organization. To become a member, sign up online at www.naeyc.org/membership/join.
BRENDA LOOMIS “HELLO MY FRIEND” SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Along with your registration today, please consider making a donation to the Brenda Loomis “Hello My Friend” Scholarship Fund.
The “Hello My Friend” memorial scholarship fund was established in memory of a valued member of the early childhood education community, Brenda Loomis. Upon her death in 2012, at age of 42, the scholarship was established to provide new and renewed scholarships to help college students with limited financial resources achieve high academic goals and develop their scholarship capacity in southern Arizona. For more information about the scholarship, visit https://www.sazaeyc.org/hello-my-friend-scholarship.html
You may also buy RAFFLE TICKETS to support SAZAEYC, the conference, and the scholarship fund here. The raffle will open in October on http://sazaeyc.org/annual-conference.