This sacred space that God has given us in the mountains of Cabañas, Honduras will allow those we serve there and those who visit to have a personal encounter with God through the beauty of His creation, listen to His voice in prayer and reflection, begin to heal from the intensity of life and their story, and rediscover His purpose for humanity and their participation in the call to love. Freed then, they will be formed as leaders to “make disciples of all nations”, living the call to continue Christ’s mission of redemption.
We are in the beginning stages of construction and designing the space for retreats, times of reflection and formation, youth and family camps, and hiking and adventure experiences focused on coming to know Christ.
We have already built the parameter fence around the property limits, installed water and a septic tank, and are currently building bathrooms and cutting out paths to two waterfalls.
The next stages of construction are:
• A cabin for missionaries who will lead retreats and formation
• Trails throughout the property and to the two waterfalls
• Youth and family camp dormitories
• A chapel for 100 people
• Retreat space that will include housing for up to 100 people, kitchen and dining room facilities, conference rooms for formation and talks, spaces for spiritual direction, a spiritual library, and offices
• Individual cabins for those who desire retreats in silence and solitude
• Family cabins for families that desire to come and serve on the property or a retreat for their family
Please help us make this sacred space a reality. We are in intense times of need, and many are suffering from anxiety, uncertainty, deep wounds and despair – Help us be a real answer by becoming a part of this vision that will mean the restoration and renewal of many souls!