#GivingTuesday November 30, 2021
Support REACH This Holiday Season
The Reason for REACH - Families With Safe Places To Live And Grow
The REACH Center of Hope is a 24/7 family center for families who are homeless and one of the few shelters for families in south King County. We provide emergency shelter, wrap-around and navigation services. Families can stay with us for as long as they need, although the average stay is around 2 months thanks to our focus on moving families back into stable housing as soon as possible. We have continued to operate through the pandemic sheltering up to 35 individual every night (reduced from our normal capacity of 55 for health safety reasons). In 2020, we moved 57 families, including 82 children, into more stable housing and we provided funds and support to keep 24 families, including 50 children, in their homes. In 2021, we are successfully moving around 2 families a month back into housing and we have provided $20,000 in funding so far to keep families in their homes and out of the homelessness system.
The REACH Meal Coalition is a free daily community meal. It provides nutritious food, a community of support and connection to services. Due to the pandemic this meal has been transitioned to a grab-and-go service. It is a means of survival and community for many and as the pandemic eases we will continue with our plans to develop navigation and wrap around services at this program.
- Your gift of $75 feeds a family for a week at the REACH Center of Hope
- Your gift of $110 covers the rent on our REACH Center of Hope space per family, per week.
- Your gift of $175 provides a daily community meal at the REACH Meal Coalition for 7 days - we make good use of donated food to keep costs very low.
- Your gift of $200 pays for waste and electricity for a month at the REACH Center of Hope.
- Your gift of $330 covers the cost of case management and navigation services for our families for a week at the REACH Center of Hope.
- Your Gift of $500 helps a newly housed family set up their new home.
- Your gift of $1,200 pays an emergency bill, keeps a family in their home and out of homelessness, saves tens of thousands of dollars, and prevents untold trauma.