2021 Photography Exhibition
Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo is proud to announce its third photography exhibition, an opportunity for the Zoo’s many dedicated amateur and professional photographers to submit their best work for public viewing. This year's photo exhibition will be a hybrid event, with People's Choice voting taking place online and an in-person showing of the top 100 photos.
- Each photographer can submit three photos, with a $10 fee per photo.
- This year's photography exhibition submissions must have been taken on Zoo Grounds. Plants and grounds photos are allowed. They may be older photos from a previous year as well as current photos.
- Milford Photo will provide First, Second, and Third prizes in the form of gift certificates to the store. First prize is $200, second prize is $100, and third prize is $50.
- In addition to the judged photos, a People’s Choice will be selected. The general public can vote on their favorite by making a one-dollar donation for each vote. Voting will take place online.
- Photos are due to be submitted by Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 11:59PM. Photo submissions must be submitted using the form below.
- Once all photos have been submitted, our judges will review and choose the top 100 photos to be shown at our in-person show. These photographers will then be asked to print and mat their photo (size 8x10).
- Our in-person show will be on Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 6:00PM in the Zoo's Hanson Building. At the show, we will announce our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place winners, as well as the winner of our People's Choice Award.