2021 You Light the Night 5K
Run, walk, ride, swim, paddle or roll 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) between September 17-26, 2021 and light the world.
This global event is intended to bring awareness to the 1 billion people living in darkness every day. When the sun goes down, they rely on candles, kerosene and wood to light their homes; or oftentimes they have nothing. This lack of electricity solidifies poverty, leads to poor health and contributes to global greenhouse gas emissions.
By joining Unite to Light for our second annual You Light the Night 5k, you can help bring light to the world. Here’s how you participate:
When: September 17 - 26, 2021
- Click REGISTER ($15 per person)
Everyone who registers will get a commemorative Patchstik (a waterproof patch that sticks like a sticker!)
- BECOME A FUNDRAISER to start or join a Team (optional)
○ Enter your name, email and a photo to become a Fundraiser
○ Decide if you'll raise funds for a specific project (like Homelessness or Education) or Recipient Organization and join that Team, or start your own!
○ If you decide to start your own Team, you'll be able to enter a Team Name, photo and details about the cause you're supporting.
- Share with your friends and family to race together, join your Team, or DONATE to your cause.
- Use a fitness tracking app while completing your 5k, then post the screenshot from your app to your social media page to show off your accomplishments!! We’ll reshare if you tag @unitetolight
- If you're on Strava, join the Unite to Light Club to train with friends and track your "race" when you're ready.
- All funds raised by
Teams will provide Luke Lights and Chandler Chargers to their project or
Every $10 raised = 1 Luke Light
Every $30 raised = 1 Chandler Charger
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #youlightthenight when posting about your 5k on social media so we can
help Light the Night!
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!