nourish.NJ's Hunger Walk 2021
Wherever you're walking from, help us fight poverty, one step at a time!
The Hunger Walk is one of nourish.NJ’s biggest fundraisers, providing much-needed resources to help us address hunger, homelessness and poverty in our community. This event has been raising funds and increasing awareness of the food insecurity and poverty faced by members of our community for over two decades. Each year, we have been humbled by the support friends and partners have shown in contributing to Hunger Walk. This year, we need support more than ever.
Because nourish.NJ now works all over Morris County to provide sustenance and support for community members in need, we are encouraging our friends and partners to get together and walk from whatever location they prefer, throughout Morris County and beyond! With live social media updates from different teams' locations, we will be right there with you!
Whether participants choose to walk around their school auditorium, athletic field, track, congregation parking lot, office campus, nature trail, or in their neighborhood, each step will help nourish.NJ tackle the issues of hunger, homelessness and poverty. Anyone can create a team and help make a difference for our neighbors and families in need by participating in this year’s Hunger Walk, taking place on October 24th, 2021.
- Create a Fundraiser Page by clicking the Create or Join a Team button. You can register as an individual fundraiser, or join a pre-existing fundraising team.
- If you choose to fill out "Personal Campaign Title" (optional), please note that the purpose of this is to create a title related to your personal reasoning for participating in Hunger Walk. This is especially helpful if you are volunteering as an individual. You can share this personal campaign title when gathering financial support from friends and family for your participation in this fundraiser. (Example of a Personal Campaign Title: "In honor of the Smith Family")
- Fundraising teams are listed in a drop-down menu by their Team Captain's name–the person who created the Fundraiser Page.
- If you are creating a Fundraiser team page but do not want your name to appear in the drop-down menu, enter the name of your team in the text boxes on the sign-up page. (Example: If your team name is "Smith Family," enter "Smith" in the First Name box and "Family" in the Last Name box.)
- Make sure to select the fundraiser you want to support when registering.
Please email Nancy Rudgers at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kayla Gross at email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for your support!