2022 Pick-Up Site Leader Application for Tree Day
Thank you for your interest in expanding Tennessee's tree canopy by volunteering to distribute tree seedlings in your community for Tennessee Tree Day 2022 (March 19, 2022). We prefer pick-up sites to be run by community groups, houses of worship, or businesses that have locations that are easy to find and accessible to the general public.
If you have not already done so, please watch the video above to see what is required of you before you continue reading.
As a Pick-Up Site Leader you are expected to:
- Host a site for local tree-planting participants to pick up their trees from you on Friday, March 18 and/or Saturday, March 19, 2022.
- Select up to 50 trees of your choice, at no cost, for serving as a local pick-up location! You will be asked to do this in November.
- Pick up your trees at your selected Regional Hub Tuesday or Wednesday, March 15 or 16, 2022.
- Keep tree roots covered and moist at all times while they are in your care. This is vital to their survival.
We have 10 regional hubs to choose from this year for your convenience:
|1||Chattanooga||Hamilton County Master Gardeners|
|2||Clarksville||Clarksville Tree Board|
|3||Cookeville||Putnam County Soil Conservation|
|4||Jackson||Madison County UT Extension Office|
|5||Johnson City||Evergreen Nursery|
|6||Knoxville||Knoxville Botanical Garden|
|7||Martin||The University of Tennessee at Martin|
|9||Nashville||Ellington Agriculture Center|
Shelbyville Recreation Center
By proceeding with this application, you agree to the following:
- You have watched the training video for Pick-Up Site Leaders embedded in this form.
- Your pick-up site is easy to find and accessible to the general public.
- Your location will be open for participants to pick up their trees on Friday, March 18, and/or Saturday, March 19th (you will specify the days/times when you complete this form).
- You will recruit and organize volunteer help for tree distribution at your pick-up location. Let us know if you need help recruiting volunteers.
- You will ensure that each participant receives the exact tree quantity and species they ordered, as indicated on your participant list. We will provide you with your participant list, containing exact tree orders, and participant contact information on or before 3/11/2022.
- You will attend to trees the entire time during pick-up day(s) making sure tree roots are covered and moist at all times.
- You will select up to 50 trees for yourself as a thank you for volunteering in this effort. You will be sent instructions on how to do this in November.
- You understand there may be trees left over after the event to use at your discretion.
- You understand that submissions through this form do not guarantee that your location will be approved. TEC will email you by October 21st to confirm that your site has been selected.
By clicking the “Continue” button below, I certify I have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
When registering, please fill out the required fields with your PUBLIC pick-up location address, and email & phone number that can be published for participants who have questions regarding tree pick-up.