Miles For Gold
Be Bold, Go Gold
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month. As you know, the gold ribbon is near and dear to our hearts and we are determined to fight for a cure! If anything, we have learned that we are better together! The Olivia Caldwell Foundation and Stella Strong have teamed up for a Miles for Gold event. All proceeds from this event will go towards Childhood Cancer research.
How Does It Work?
- You can get a team together and sign up, or you can sign up individually.
- Lace up those shoes and move! Use our tracker to log your walk/run miles.
- Is walking or running not your thing? NO WORRIES!! You can track your "miles" by doing your favorite exercise and use this conversion: 10 min of movement = 1 mile.
- Share your progress with your friends, family and consider posting about it on social media. We want to create awareness about Childhood Cancer and the need for more funding for research to find a cure so make sure to let people know why you're logging those miles!
- Fundraise while you get your miles in. Create a fundraising page where people can donate to Childhood Cancer research.
- Individual/team with the most creative name
- Individual/Team who raises most amount of money
- Individual/Team who moves the furthers
Sport Some Gear
- Hometown Apparel in Douglas is donating the proceeds of our branded Miles For Gold long sleeve shirts and beanies. Contact them to place your order!
- Lace up in gold! You can purchase a pair of gold shoe laces to truly sport your gold while you log your miles this month.
- Also available for purchase:
- Miles For Gold hats (pink, green and yellow)
- Rainbow high top socks
- Vintage Miles For Gold- Color Dash shirts
Help us walk this golden road together. Spread awareness. Be their voice, because our children deserve a future.