Our Quest to Sustain $25k
Help us sustain $25k in recurring donations for our Youth Leaders
We're embarking on a new journey to secure $25,000 annually in recurring donations to sustain our Youth Leaders Collective. While one-time donations are welcomed, we invite community members and supporters to consider recurring contributions to help sustain our youth-led work in healing, anti-violence and transformative racial justice.
We are setting an ambitious long-term goal of fundraising $25,000 in recurring donations every year to sustain our Youth Leaders collective. Our Youth Leaders collective operates as part-time staff who help lead our programs and support with development as well as administration. We need your help! Our strengths have been put to the test over the past 12 years, but none of our work is possible without the passion, love and energy of our on-going youth leaders! Invest in the BAY-Peace youth leaders of today and tomorrow. All proceeds go towards compensating our youth leaders collective above wage with consistent part-time hours year-round.
Beginning this year, our Youth Leaders Collective will partner with our Community Leadership Interns and Youth ARTS Company to:
- Facilitate workshops and healing circles focusing on healing and wellness
- Serve on OUSD’s Racial Justice and Healing task force
- Produce a Community Based Art project from the testimonies and stories shared during our healing circles
- Carry out community action projects in partnership with Oakland's Department of Violence Prevention
- Participating as active leaders in local campaigns related to school and juvenile justice reform
Learn more about our current Youth Leaders or BAY-Peace in general at our website: www.baypeace.org
You can support with fundraising visit our gift shop: bit.ly/communitygiftshop