Homemade Salve and Lip Balm
December 20, 2021
Learn to make your own lip balm and salve this holiday season! They make great gifts for your friends and family! Join ABG's, Stacey Shriner, for a 1 hour zoom workshop where you will learn to make a simple salve recipe that can be turned into a nourishing hand cream or lip balm for those chapped lips! This class will cover the very basics of making your own skincare products, herbal oil infusions, wild harvesting, and get you ready for delving deeper into the world of homemade skincare.
If you would like to make the products along with us you can purchase a kit below or use items you might already have in your own home remedy collection.
Cream and Lip Balm kit includes the following:
- Calendula flower, rose and fireweed infused sunflower and grape-seed oil
- 2oz containers
- Shea, coconut or cocoa butter
- Lip balm tube
- Dried calendula, wild rose and fireweed petals
**all herbs were grown and handpicked at the Alaska Botanical Garden**
What you will need:
- double boiler (tin can and a pot for boiling water will be just fine)
- stove or way to heat up the oils and beeswax
- distilled water or previously boiled water
- electric whisk or food processor
- essential oils you may want to add
- paper towels
Kits are limited so sign up early and secure yours! All kits can be picked up beginning December 15th at the Alaska Botanical Garden during regular business hours. No refunds or exchanges for online classes; if you miss the class it will be recorded and you can watch it at your convenience.