Poppy Funds from The American Legion Family
Celebrate America's Veterans!
The American Legion Auxiliary and the Honor Flight Network have entered into a memorandum of understanding allowing American Legion Auxiliary Poppy Funds to be used in the following manner to ensure a Veteran's welfare and rehabilitation on an Honor Flight:
- Wheelchair accessible buses, wheelchairs, and oxygen tanks
- Nutrition, including meals and beverages
- Medical teams on each flight (minimum of one medic per bus)
- Purchase of a veteran’s keepsake bag, including a memory book and/or DVD of pictures to promote wellbeing
- Honor Flight Caregiver “Guardian" to assist a Veteran with his or her activities of daily living (ADL's)
Together, the American Legion Auxiliary and the Honor Flight Network will ensure all American Veterans experience the honor, gratitude, and community of support they deserve. All honored veterans travel at no cost to the veteran.