- Created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. This idea has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
- At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races and faiths together across the globe. Let us make a positive change in our community and the lives of others.
JOIN PNAA and PNAAF and participate in the
#Giving Tuesday campaign to raise $50,000 to
benefit the RISE program
from November 1 - December 8, 2021.
Let’s do this!
The role of the Philippine Nurses Association of America(PNAA) in supporting Filipino-American nurses has gained more importance during the Covid-19 pandemic. Although they represent only 4% of the total American nursing workforce, approximately one-third of nursing deaths from Covid-19
The PNAA has many impactful initiatives that are serving the professional needs and advance the career pathways of the Filipino-American nursing community. Current initiatives at a glance includes: the Resilience Program to build a resilient workforce, Innovation & Research which offers grant money to members in support of research study and quality improvement, Scholarship awards to encourage members to advance their nursing education and Empowerment programs such as the iLDP,Leadership Institute and Master Class. Collectively these initiatives make up the RISE Program.
This November, PNAA will kick off the Giving Tuesday Campaign to benefit RISE. We encourage everyone to volunteer as Giving Tuesday Ambassador to help raise funds so we can expand these important benefits and reach more people. The RISE program is a far-reaching legacy that will strengthen our organization’s infrastructure and support our members professional and clinical development as future leaders in healthcare.
What Will Your Contribution Do?
By supporting the RISE Program, you will have a far-reaching impact on Filipino-American nurses and American healthcare. 100% of your designated contributions will support the vital initiatives that the PNAA has undertaken on behalf of Fil-Am nursing in the following five areas:
1. Resilience: Give the gift of resilience to support nurses’ psychosocial and mental well-being and create impactful leaders in the community who will influence legislation on the future of nursing, diversity in the workplace and social and health justice in the community. Initiatives: Kabalikat Program.
2. Innovation & Research: Support community-based participatory research through data-driven initiatives, use of telehealth concepts in public health, and projects to break down health barriers in AAPI communities related with social determinants of health (SDOH). Initiatives: Mag-PCOR Muna Tayo, Research Grant Awards and Community Outreach
3. Scholarship: Fulfill nurses’ higher learning needs in pursuing baccalaureate, masters, or doctoral courses so that they can achieve their full potential as academic
nurse leaders and clinical practitioners in driving nursing practice, research, and education. Initiatives: Annual Scholarship Awards
4. Empowerment: Sustain PNAA’s leadership-development programs catering to membership needs and supporting nurses’ career trajectory and build a pipeline of nurse leaders in PNAA who will lead healthcare systems, academia, and the public policy arena. Initiatives: Annual 8-week iLDP Program for Chapter Leaders, Leadership Institute, Master Class Workshop, RISE UP Podcast
5. Tradition and History: Help the PNAA record and share the stories of its nurses to raise awareness for the important contributions that Filipino-American nurses have made to healthcare in the USA. Initiatives: Archive Gallery, Oral History and Publication
Can we count on you to help?
PNAA’s long-term goals will require generous support from you.
PNAA will be here for the long haul taking care of you and the community