Support Us In the Fight Against Kidney Disease
Raising awareness and helping those with kidney disease in New Mexico
The New Mexico Kidney Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to kidney disease prevention by enhancing awareness and improving the quality of life of people with or at risk of kidney disease through education, research, and philanthropic projects. We aspire to improve the quality of life in individuals with or at risk of kidney disease, decrease kidney failure rates and increase transplant rates in New Mexico.
During National Kidney Month in March we launched a goal to raise $42,000 by July. Specifically, we are raising:
- $20,000 for increasing the number of individuals we assist to complete clearance work necessary to proceed to the transplant waiting list and assist with access to pre- and post-transplant appointments.
- $2,000 to develop and distribute educational material both in hardcopy and via the website and/or social media.
- $5,000 to expand outreach, education, and professional development for front-line medical professionals (PCP, PA, nurses, dialysis technicians, etc.) in targeted communities throughout the state.
- $10,000 to expand and sustain our awareness and education efforts in targeted populations in New Mexico by conducting presentations in collaboration with medical professionals throughout the state.
- $5,000 to expand engagement with students in Middle and High Schools and sustain Elementary School outreach through collaborative educational projects.